Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps is a Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that provides several deployment methods including log collection, API connectors, and reverse proxy. To detect and counteract cyberthreats across all of your Microsoft and third-party cloud services, it offers extensive visibility, control over data movement, and advanced analytics.
With your IT security experts in mind, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Applications is integrated with top Microsoft products. It offers straightforward implementation, centralized administration, and cutting-edge automation features.
What is a CASB?
According to Microsoft, their Defender for Cloud Apps can help you balance between digitalization and security. How does it do it? by enforcing your corporate security standards and providing protections to your company’s use of cloud services. Wherever your users are located and regardless of the device they’re logging in to, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps works as a gatekeeper.
Why do you need a CASB?
You need a CASB to better understand your overall cloud posture across SaaS apps and cloud services. With Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, you can help your IT team manage and secure your cloud platforms: IAM, VMs, data and storage, network resources…
If you’re an organization that uses, or is considering using, cloud apps to your portfolio of network services, CASB is certainly necessary to handle the additional, issues of regulating and safeguarding your environment.
What does Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps do for you?
How does it work from the inside?
Typically, a solution architecture will look like this:
• Mapping and identifying your cloud environment and the cloud apps your IT team uses using Cloud Discovery.
• Apps in your cloud that are sanctioned and unsanctioned.
• Making use of quick-to-deploy app connectors for visibility and governance of connected apps. These connectors make use of provider APIs.
• Using Conditional Access App Control security to monitor and regulate activity within your cloud apps in real-time.
• Assisting you in maintaining control by establishing policies that are then regularly improved.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps Conditional Access App Control gives you the tools you need to have real-time visibility and control over access to and activities performed within your cloud environment.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to protect your cloud environments, join our webinar: Discover Microsoft Entra: Improve Security and Simplify Identity management!